Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Reason Why..

Hey everyone, I'm starting up a blog for two reasons; o1)I have searched far and wide on the internet and there is not much, if anything in Calgary as far as support groups go in regard to Chronic pain due to motor vehicle accidents. And o2) It's been two years since my accident, and I have a very hard time talking to my friends and family about all of this. As any of you with chronic pain understand (depending on how long you've been dealing with it, if it's only been a short period of time, you will come to understand it) unless people are living with what you are, they will never understand what you are going through. I don't want to make it sound like I don't have a great family, and an awesome boyfriend, and a few wonderful friends, because I do. But no matter how great they are they will just never get it. For example; I have been living with, for the most part, the exact same amount of pain since my accident. Though it has gotten slightly worse. Bad enough that I have had to start walking with a cane. Hence, making my pain no longer 'ínvisible'...And I am amazed and appalled all at the same time at how differently people are treating me.

Anyways, I just figured I would write a little something because I started the blog yesterday but was having a really bad day for pain and couldn't bring myself to write. Unfortunately, today is as well, another unbearable day for pain..I am going to go try and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment