Friday, March 18, 2011

Codeine Withdrawal?

Okay, so I'm having one of the worst days of my life today. I started my new medication last night...Here's the list of side effects...Contact your doctor if you experience these side effects and they are severe or bothersome.

Your pharmacist may be able to advise you on managing side effects.

* abdominal pain
* agitation
* anxiety
* diarrhea
* dizziness
* drowsiness
* dry mouth
* fatigue
* fever
* heartburn
* increased sweating
* increased yawning
* loss of appetite
* nausea
* painful periods
* sexual difficulties
* shakiness
* sore throat
* stuffy or runny nose
* trouble sleeping
* vomiting

Although most of the side effects listed below don't happen very often, they could lead to serious problems if you do not check with your doctor or seek medical attention.

Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

* behaviour similar to drunkenness
* bleeding gums
* blurred vision
* confusion
* dizziness or fainting
* increase in frequency of urination or amount of urine produced, or trouble holding or releasing urine
* irregular heartbeat
* lack of emotion
* loss of memory
* menstrual changes
* mood or mental changes
* nervousness
* nosebleed
* purple or red spots on skin
* severe agitation
* severe migraine
* skin rash or itching
* slow or irregular heartbeat (less than 50 beats per minute)
* sore throat, fever, and chills
* trouble breathing
* unusual or sudden body or facial movements or postures


So, after I took it I started to get very antsy, I was nervous and scared, my stomach was killing me, and I just wanted to sleep...I came into the bedroom and tried to get some sleep, I didn't actually get to bed until around 2 or 3am, I'm not really sure. But this morning I woke up with the worst migrane I've ever had in my life...Like, 15/10 on the pain scale. I could barely open my eyes. My neck muscles were so sore and I was shaking like a leaf. At first I assumed that It was from my new medication. I had spoken with my doctor and she had mentioned that it might be withdrawal symptoms from my codeine...I haven't taken any in two days because my doctor is gone so I didn't have any. So, here are the symptoms of codeine withdrawal;


# Runny nose
# Sweating
# Twitching muscles
# Muscle pain
# Headache
# Irregular heartbeat
# Nausea
# Vomiting
# High blood pressure
# Fever
# Insomnia
# Dehydration
# Yawning
# Weakness
# Stomach cramps


I'm not really sure what's what...If its withdrawal what do I do? Stop taking pain meds? I don't feel bad not being on them...At least not mentally, aside from the pain I don't feel like I need them at all. But my nose has been running like crazy, I've been nauseous as hell, I can't sleep, I've been getting stomach cramps, my neck muscles were twitching like crazy this morning, and it would explain the muscle pain and headaches..I feel SO bad...I've pretty much been laying in bed all day under my heating blanket because I've been freezing. My head has been throbbing all day, I still have no pain meds, and I've taken 8 Advil today...Recommended dose is 6 in a 24 hour period... I'm going to lay back down...I'm having trouble concentrating and even thinking at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment